StatAPult GAA Version 4.0 is now available from the App Store.
This major release contains a the following updates and enhancements:
(1) Addition of Game log for downloading full time-coded stat data
(2) Removal of Zonal Grid view based shot and puckout details from reports.
(3) Addition of functionality to deal with shots from 65/45’s and Sidelines during game.
(4) Addition of new Game Overview PDF file.
(5) Help tab changed to “Game Reports” tab.
(6) Ability to hide a player from the Stat Entry screen
(7) Addition of Ball Directly Out Of Play as an outcome for Puckouts/Kickouts during a game.
Addition of Game log for downloading full time-coded stat data
Using this functionality all stats recorded during the game are kept in a single game log which can be exported post game in CSV format. This may be used as in input into video analysis software or likewise used to identify time-based patterns during a game. Game logging can enabled from the Game Settings screen by clicking the “Game Logging” button as seen in the screenshot below and then selecting Save Configuration.
At the end of the game you can export this to email by selecting “Game Log” from the CSV Exports section of the Export Game Data button as seen in the screenshot below.
Removal of Zonal Grid view based shot and puckout details from reports.
In order to simplify the review of location stats mid-game and reduce the size of the post game reports the Zonal Grid data has been removed from the Shot and Puckout/Kickout summary documents and Chart Data tab.
The actual position based data is now contained within the exported documents. As an addition only the stat for which an individual player has data for is now included in the exported data.
Addition of functionality to deal with shots from 65/45’s and Sidelines during game.
The shot functionality has now been extended to include shots from 65/45 and Sidelines during a game. Any games created in Version 4.0 onwards will have the option to record shot outcomes from both 65/45 and sidelines as seen in the screenshot below.
The shots can be reviewed from the Chart Data tab in the same way as shows from Free and Play.
Addition of new Game Overview PDF file
A new Game Overview PDF has been added which includes:
(1) A table containing all recorded stats by half.
(2) A run score chart by minute in the game.
(3) Consolidated Shot Charts showing both halves data on a single chart in the same direction from Play,Free, 65/45 and Sideline for both Home Team and Opposition.
(4) Consolidated Puckout/Kickout charts for both teams.
The following are some sample screenshots.
Please note that the Game Summary can also be generated and exported for pre 4.0 recorded games.
Help tab changed to “Game Reports” tab
From this tab the Game Summary file,Help file and new Game Overview can be viewed during the game.
Ability to hide a player from the Stat Entry screen
This allows the user to deal with scenarios where players are sent off or using in games of less than 15-a-side.
This can be done by clicking the “Hide Player” button from the bottom left corner after selecting the relevant player as seen below.
Should you wish to undo this click on the “Adjust Formation” button and select the “Show all Players” button in the bottom left.
Note all players are also automatically shown again as soon as a new game is started or resumed.
Addition of Ball Directly Out Of Play as an outcome for Puckouts/Kickouts during a game
Once an location for the relevant Puckout/Kickout is selected the “Direct Out Of Play” button now becomes visible as an option as seen below.
You will still be prompted to select a player that won the should you wish to assign the Possession win against a particular player.
If you have any queries or comments please don’t hestitate to contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org